CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

In my first grade class we would call this page a "Work in Progress" I have recently discovered the world of blogs and I have found it very interesting. I can't believe I am starting my own blog. (I have no clue what I'm doing.") But, I'm very excited. So, for now this is a Work in Progress. Hopefully, you'll come back and check the ongoing progress.

Zero the Hero Day 40

Friday, July 8, 2011

Top Ten Things to Know About Me

Mrs. Owens' linky party is about us! Getting to know each other has been really interesting plus it's a great opportunity to check out new websites. So here it goes...

Top Ten Things to Know About Me

  • I can hardly believe it but I just completed my 26th year of teaching!! (I tell people I started when I was 5). Most of these years have been in first grade which is my passion.  I love teaching first grade. I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember.
  • I love water of any kind and one of my favorities is the beach. I am so lucky to live right by the beach.
  • My family is very special to me. Although I am single and have no children of my own I am very close to my brother and his family. I consider myself to be very lucky.
  • My favorite sports' teams are St. Louis Cardinals (where I was born), Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bills (where I grew up nearby), and Mount Union Purple Raiders (where I went to school.) I love watching sports.
  • One of my passions is reading. I tend to read fictional books that take place on the coast and of course I love childrens' books. I love to read them and share them.
  • I enjoy going to the movies and watching movies whether it's by myself or with family and friends. I love classics, dramas, romantic comedies, westerns. (Be sure to check out my web for movies about teachers. I wanted to do a linky party but I am still new to this. Would love to get your input.)
  • Traveling is something I have done my entire life. Camping, conferences, visiting friends, discovering new places. I have been lucky to have visited Europe, Canada, and a large part of the US, as well as the Bahamas. I love riding trains, flying, and driving my own car. (I do not like to ask for directions)
  • I enjoy pretending and acting with my students. Well, I'll just say it...I like to act and perform in silly skits. I enjoy having fun with my kids.
  • I love to play games. In fact I just spent the last 2 days with my brother playing silly board games at our family cabin. No internet, no phone (except the cell), and no t.v. Just silliness, talking, and playing!
  • The last thing you should know about me is my name. Most people misspell my last name, my nickname is the name of a bird! When I was growing up some friends came up with Bigbird because I am very tall.
Hope you've enjoy getting to know me a little bit better. Be sure to go to Mrs. Owen's site to link up.
If you time stick around to check out movies and books right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zero the Hero Returns! Day 20