Top Ten Things to Know About Me
- I can hardly believe it but I just completed my 26th year of teaching!! (I tell people I started when I was 5). Most of these years have been in first grade which is my passion. I love teaching first grade. I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember.
- I love water of any kind and one of my favorities is the beach. I am so lucky to live right by the beach.
- My family is very special to me. Although I am single and have no children of my own I am very close to my brother and his family. I consider myself to be very lucky.
- My favorite sports' teams are St. Louis Cardinals (where I was born), Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bills (where I grew up nearby), and Mount Union Purple Raiders (where I went to school.) I love watching sports.
- One of my passions is reading. I tend to read fictional books that take place on the coast and of course I love childrens' books. I love to read them and share them.
- I enjoy going to the movies and watching movies whether it's by myself or with family and friends. I love classics, dramas, romantic comedies, westerns. (Be sure to check out my web for movies about teachers. I wanted to do a linky party but I am still new to this. Would love to get your input.)
- Traveling is something I have done my entire life. Camping, conferences, visiting friends, discovering new places. I have been lucky to have visited Europe, Canada, and a large part of the US, as well as the Bahamas. I love riding trains, flying, and driving my own car. (I do not like to ask for directions)
- I enjoy pretending and acting with my students. Well, I'll just say it...I like to act and perform in silly skits. I enjoy having fun with my kids.
- I love to play games. In fact I just spent the last 2 days with my brother playing silly board games at our family cabin. No internet, no phone (except the cell), and no t.v. Just silliness, talking, and playing!
- The last thing you should know about me is my name. Most people misspell my last name, my nickname is the name of a bird! When I was growing up some friends came up with Bigbird because I am very tall.
Hope you've enjoy getting to know me a little bit better. Be sure to go to Mrs. Owen's site to link up.
If you time stick around to check out movies and books right here.