CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

In my first grade class we would call this page a "Work in Progress" I have recently discovered the world of blogs and I have found it very interesting. I can't believe I am starting my own blog. (I have no clue what I'm doing.") But, I'm very excited. So, for now this is a Work in Progress. Hopefully, you'll come back and check the ongoing progress.

Zero the Hero Day 40

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Party Time for Books (Always!)

I recently went to a wonderful local children's bookstore, which is always a dangerous place for myself and my wallet. After seeing lots of new books my eye caught this book. Now, the real reason my eye caught this particular book was the name of the owl. My last name is Berkeley. Most of the time people spell the name wrong. Well, as it turns out the book is a gem!! After taking a picture walk I caught the line, "Berkeley Barn Owl was a hoot!" My friend shopping with me looked at me and I said, "I have to get this!!"
I have read the book and I LOVE IT!!! It's a great story for the beginning of the school year or for sharing with children the fear of facing new situations. I am looking forward to sharing this with my students!!


If you enjoyed this preview of books to share with children in the beginning of the year you should head over to Mrs.Parker's Read Aloud Books for Fall Linky Party. http://www.learningwithmrsparker.blogspot.com/
I am looking forward to sharing lots of other fantastic books for the fall!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for following my blog and placing my button on yours! I look forward to learning and sharing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when I book feels like it was written just for you? Thanks for joining.

    ReplyDelete

Zero the Hero Returns! Day 20